Ask Robin

rwtAs many of you know, Olderhood has started to generate quite a following – especially on Facebook. With this new found popularity, we have started to receive various sincere requests for opinion, or thought, or perhaps even advice regarding some very personal issues going on in the lives of our members. We are pleased to provide commentary as best we can, on such topics.

Therefore, we are starting a brand new section of Olderhood :–

“Ask Robin”

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Editor and co-Founder of Olderhood. I am responsible for site design, editorial decisions and production control. I have held senior positions with a number of international companies but I am also a student of human nature and owned and operated my own Bed & Breakfast in Canada for six years. During this time I entertained guests from all over the world and have actually had people from Iceland and Tasmania in my living room.

Some of my thinking and philosophy can also be see at

If you have a question you would like answered, please send it along. I will not pretend to have all the answers, but will offer genuine comments and as necessary, rely on others to assist me from time to time.

I look forward to hearing what’s on your mind.


Click Here to view the Question of the Week :

When the Roller Coaster Stops – September 24, 2013

Finding Home – September 4, 2013

The Politics of Dancing – August 27, 2013

5 responses to “Ask Robin

  1. Ijust saw this on husband left me 5 months ago I am 64…the judge had hearing he had lawyer Ididn’t..I am now ordered to leave my home in 30 days..he gets it till divorce..I will be homeless & she knows this legal I live in small town & she handled buying this home for me..he has camper & could stay with son…if you can throw this around & get some opinons

  2. Thank you for your question. I am very sorry to hear about your situation; I was divorced years ago so I can relate to some of what you are going through. To be of any assistance we would need to know what county and / or state you are residing in at the moment as the divorce laws vary widely from one jurisdiction to another.

  3. In that case, you need to contact the closest legal aid office as soon as possible and get their assistance to determine your rights.- find out if this is legal in your area and if there is any sort of motion that you can file to delay this. You also need to find someone to assist with your upcoming divorce proceedings right away…. The legal aid office will help with that also.

  4. I have talked to legal aid not qualify cause I have other property with my son…will cost me $1500 for a lawyer that I don’t have as he made sure of… drained all accounts…just not smart of me not to have prenup..he is entitled to everything even though I paid for it all…THanks again for trying to help but I guess I’m just homeless for now

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s